Welcome ! Education Pays – Get Yours is a pilot social marketing campaign targeting youth in the Mt. Pleasant, Slavic Village and Central neighborhoods of Cleveland, Ohio. The campaign started in December 2008 and is moving into its' final phase. You may have seen Education Pays-Get Yours billboards, bus signs, radio and tv ads, posters distributed by our street teams, etc. As part of the final push at promoting the importance of education we have established web blogs for each neighborhood. These social networking tools will give residents an opportunity to discuss the campaign and the importance of getting an education.

Mark C. Batson
Executive Director
PolicyBridge, Inc.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Mark C. Batson

I worked throughout most of my high school years. I realized then that I needed to get a high school diploma and a college degree in order to be able to get a better job than those I had worked in high school. Make no mistake, those jobs paid good money for a single person living with their parents in high school or recent high school graduate, but they really were not enough for me to live alone and buy my own car. Therefore, I went to college. I have had much better job opportunities with much greater salaries since I received my college degree. You'll have choices to make too starting right now. I hope you choose the path of better opportunities and high salaries like I did.

Best of luck with your career,

Mark C. Batson
Executive Director
PolicyBridge, Inc.

No comments: